Monday, September 20, 2010

Storytime.

I've been thinking a lot about stories lately. And I guess by lately I mean in the past year. Since my last semester at Moody I've been learning how important people's stories really are. How everyone is coming from a different point of view. How everyone's backgrounds contribute to the way that they think, feel and process things. That's so beautiful to me. And there's so much redemption in hearing people's stories and telling your story. It restores relationships, breaks down categories, allows us to bear one another's burdens, brings people closer to the Jesus. List goes on.


Last night at Lighthouse, Cliff (I think his name is?) in a super passionate way went through the story of the Bible. He focused on salvation history (which really is the pinnacle of the Bible anyway). But how about that for a story! The metanarrative - the story which encompasses all stories. When all stories, since the beginning of time are working towards/contributing to the story and person of Jesus Christ. And we get to be a part of that story.


It's always interesting when people from your past show up in your life. I had a little run in today with someone that I maybe wouldn't have been super pumped about seeing in recent history. It's been years since we've seen each other. There was definitely a great deal of hurt in that relationship, and it came from both sides. This run in was totally unexpected - you don't even have to know me well to know that my face always says it all, so I don't always handle unexpected situations with ease. But we laughed. We picked right back up. My face was totally regular (!) by the grace of God. Because of the story that God is writing in my life and the story that he is writing in her life, it was a moment of redemption.


You can know that I will always love to hear your story.

2 comments:

  1. The stories of people's lives makes the following of Jesus so important. The more people you meet, the more you see the thread of what saving grace can mean and does mean.

    ReplyDelete